We are improving our practice to protect YOU and our staff post COVID-19.
Even though we have always used universal precautions when treating patients, assuming everyone is highly infectious (per OSHA requirements), we are extending these precautions to the extreme to eliminate even the slightest chance of contamination. I had several meetings with my staff to go over new regulations and protocols. We follow all the guidelines from the California Dental Association (CDA), American Dental Association® (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and various other local and state agencies.
The following are the steps we are taking to ensure everyone's safety:
- All staff members will be wearing masks at all times. An N95 mask and a regular surgical mask over it for treatment room staff
- We will greet one patient at a time.
- We disinfect all front desk counter tops after each patient.
- Before you enter the treatment room, your temperature will be taken and you will fill out a COVID-19 wellness form, then you will be asked to wash your hands and rinse your mouth with a disinfecting mouthwash.
- When there is a copay, patients will swipe their credit cards themselves.
- Patients will not wait in the waiting room. You will be promptly taken to your designated treatment room.
- No patients or family members will sit in the waiting room. If you are a minor, your parent or guardian can go in with you.
- Expect to have a suctioning device placed in your mouth while getting any procedure done, even a simple cleaning. Don't worry, it's small and very comfortable.
- In the treatment rooms, we are using disposable chair covers for each patient.
- We have air purifiers throughout the office that help reduce the amount of allergens, bacteria and viruses in the air.
As for the rest, we have always done disinfection and sterilization rigorously.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Please stay home if you or someone you have been in contact with show symptoms of fever, sore throat, coughing or general weakness and malaise or flu-like symptoms in the last two weeks.
- Please show up on time and unaccompanied unless you are a minor.
- Wear a mask.
I hope you feel comfortable about our approach to delivering care in these circumstances. Please feel free to share feedback and make suggestions you might have.